$18.50-32.50 per hr — Full Time
- Hollow metal frame and door modification and assembly
- 8a-4:30p M-F (some weekends)
- Pay based on experience with opportunities to earn more based on performance
Kurtz Hardware is a small family-owned company doing business all over the Midwest. We’re hiring for a Shop Manager with welding experience in the hollow metal frame and door industry to join our growing shop. Candidates must be able to work in a team environment and on their own, possess great communication skills, and be able to perform on a consistent basis.
Kurtz Shop Manager will work within an enclosed and ventilated shop environment with other fabricators/installers. Their primary focus will be to oversee daily shop operations, provide quality control, and assist in the welding and modifying of hollow metal frames and doors. This includes cutting, grinding, and finishing work. Other duties may include:
- Collecting shop inventory data
- Checking in materials
- Bundling product for shipment
- Assist in field labor projects
Candidates need to be detail oriented and willing to take the time to troubleshoot shop processes to create an ever-improving flow of quality product. The Shop Manager must be able to set and maintain production goals in accordance with the shop schedule.
Job may include rare overnight travel/lodging.
- High School Diploma
- 3-4 years of industry experience
- Industry Knowledge in Hollow Metal mfgs and products (i.e. Steelcraft, Republic, Ceco, Curries)
- Light gauge MIG welding and finishing
- Proficiency in the use of an assortment hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and interpret shop drawings/blueprints
- Must be able to prioritize tasks while adapting to adjustments and interruptions
- $ Wood working experience is a plus
- $ Installation experience is a plus
- Must be able to use an iPad
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 50-100 lbs of weight
- Training available for continued education and skill development
- Pay every 2 weeks
- 2 weeks of PTO
- Flexible family-oriented company
- Ability to move up in title/pay based on performance and desire to learn
Apply online at https://kurtzhardware.com/contact-us/employment-opportunities/, or email résumé c/o firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 515.288.0104.